#5 Nantucket Inn
William T. Morrison originally built the Inn as a home in 1925. He was manager of the Morrison Mill, which later became the Scott Paper Company plant. Having five children, the Morrisons built a spacious colonial home with six bedrooms and four baths, two dining rooms, a parlor, and a library. They lived here until 1938. For many years, it was a home for Scott Paper Company's local managers. Under new ownership, the Inn has been tastefully remodeled, however many features of the elegant home remain. From the stately brick fireplace, to the many built-ins, decorative painting and plasterwork, and some fixtures are original. The main floor's layout flows comfortably from the cozy kitchen to the elegant dining room and into the inviting great room where guests relax and mingle. The eight guestrooms, each with their own bath, offer views of snow-capped Mt. Baker and Fidalgo Bay or look onto the beautifully landscaped garden. The penthouse suite includes a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer. The historic Inn accommodates 19 guests.